Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Additional Assignment #5






First, I would like to say that I really enjoyed John Spencer's posts.  After reading Sketchy Portraits: 8th Grade Identity and Pencils, I decided that this would be the post I commented on.  I enjoyed this post.  Middle School students are still in the stage of trying to figure out who they are!  Spencer explains how pencils can be described as a variety of things.  And he used this metaphor to describe middle schools students.  Middle School Students are changing who they are and still trying to figure out who they want to be!

In his next post He Just likes the class for the Pencils, was very touching!  He explains how he how he has and builds respect between himself and for his students!  I hope to one day be a teacher just like him!  He seems to be interested in his students and trying to create a fun and interested classroom environment! Don’t get me wrong I believe technology and computers are very important within a classroom, but it takes a great teacher to keep the students entertained and learning!

I feel that maybe Spencer is using pencils in his classroom to help them explore and figure out who they are, and to help build a positive relationship between the teacher and student.




No comments:

Post a Comment