Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

Children Learning


1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
I agree with this. If a learner is motivated about learning then it is very possible for them to teach themselves. Those who WANT to learn WILL!


2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
I still believe that no matter what age, those who want to learn motivate themselves enough to teach themselves. Granted, not everything is something a child can teach themselves, but that child can begin to learn on their own and ask questions to what they do not understand.


3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
I strongly believe that a learning environment is very important when someone begins to teach themselves. Outside of a learning environment, I believe a student should have confidence in themselves.


4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
I think computer play an important role in teaching. I think that computer and internet usage should be monitor at all times when a child is using it. Technology can enhance a students learning in my opinion.


5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
To me motivation and desire go hand and hand when it comes to learning. Students have to have a desire to learn in order to motivate them to learn.


6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
I’ve always been told we learn from our mistakes. When we have problems we can’t just give up. We have to find a way to fix these problems. Questions are important in a classroom. Students ask questions because they do not understand something. Something they care to understand. It is the educator’s responsibility to answer their questions, and not just push them aside


7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
I motivate someone to learn by giving encouragement and positive feedback. Letting a student know the importance what they are doing, and why they are learning it is very important.


8. How are you motivated to learn?
I am motivated to learn also by encouragement. Encouragement makes me feel like I am going something good. I also have motivation because I know that teaching is something I am passionate about.


9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn?
If you make them! I am kidding! Not all students care to learn; therefore they are never motivated when it comes to learning. All we can do as educators is try and help them the best we can when it comes to learning


10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
Yes! I do teach myself. When I do not understand something I try my best to teach myself before going to ask for help. Teaching myself doesn’t just apply to school work. I teach myself outside the classroom also. This is a source of accomplishment for me!


11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
Teachers are motivators for students. If a teacher can make learning fun then the student is motivated to learn. For example, my fifth grade year was by far the great year growing up. This is because of my teacher, who went above and beyond to make learning fun. She is who has inspired me to pursue a career in teaching.


12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
It is hard to believe that some children do not have the opportunity to go sit down in a classroom and learn. Some children only have the opportunity to learn by teaching themselves, and this to me is so inspiring.


13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?
I believe every educator should watch this video. This video inspires me as a future educator to be motivational when it comes to teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment